- On February 10, 2020
- In Indian American Dating
Information for Males that have sex with Men
Why have always been we more susceptible to getting HIV or perhaps a intimately sent Infection (STI)?
It’s important to simply just just take precautionary measures in order to avoid getting HIV or other STIs during intercourse due to the fact danger is greater for males who possess intercourse with males compared to other individuals. It is because the liner associated with rectum is more delicate than the liner of the vagina which is therefore more at an increased risk to become damaged.
Insertive anal intercourse (topping) is typically an inferior danger for HIV than receptive anal intercourse (bottoming), but both topping and bottoming during unprotected (condomless) anal intercourse is regarded as high-risk.
Guys that have intercourse with men comprised 45% of brand new HIV diagnoses in 2017 in britain. Within Solent Sexual Health males who possess intercourse with men composed 48% of most brand brand new HIV diagnoses in 2018.
There have also increases into the true wide range of Syphilis and Gonorrhoea diagnoses in Hampshire. Both these may be handed down by condomless sex along with rectal intercourse.
With PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis) being more readily available, some individuals can be putting on their own at greater danger of getting an STI as PrEP just protects against HIV transmission.
Cutting your threat of getting an STI or HIV
The simplest way to safeguard yourself if you are likely to have dental or rectal intercourse is make use of a condom each and every time. Even though they aren’t 100% assured, whenever utilized correctly condoms are really effective. Top strategies for utilizing condoms.
Condoms are presented in different sizes and varieties, consequently when you haven’t quite discovered the right fit or feel, take to utilizing alternative sizes, brands and kinds to see just what is most effective for you. If you’re responsive to latex, take to using latex free condoms. Condoms can be obtained free via our Condoms by Post solution.
You are able to lessen your danger by:
- Making use of lubrication. We suggest water based lube, but this might be dry or gluey helping to make condom splitting much more likely. Keep refreshing it with an increase of lube or a couple of falls of water while having sex. Spit can spread some STIs, therefore avoid utilizing saliva.
- Reducing the quantity of intimate lovers you have got
- Getting tested for STIs before making love with some body brand new and advising that additionally they have tested. If you should be having regular alterations in intimate lovers then 3 month-to-month STI screening is preferred.
- Reducing other activities that will impact your decisions, such has eating too much liquor or using medications.
- Getting immunised (vaccinated) against Hepatitis B, Hepatitis an and some forms of HPV.
You are having (Chemsex), it’s important to be informed of the risks involved and how to play as safely as possible if you use drugs as part of the sex. Some forms of Chems pose an increased danger for you simply because they could cause long term health conditions such as for instance despair, weight reduction and mental dependence. To learn more about playing properly, just click here.
That you have been exposed to HIV click here if you are worried.
Professional solutions we are able to provide for you
- Hepatitis a for guys
- Hepatitis B for males
- Individual Papillomavirus (HPV) for guys aged between 15 and 45
MSM clinic (Hospital Xtra):
Clinic Xtra provides services that are tailored men who possess intercourse with males including:
- post visibility prophylaxis for HIV (PEPSE)
- advice and help for pre publicity prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP)
- Referrals for support around ChemSex and substance risk and misuse decrease
- STI treatment and testing
Hospital Xtra health that is sexual can be found at:
- St Marys Hospital, Portsmouth: 5:00 – 7:00pm thursday
- Royal Southern Hants Hospital, Southampton: Thursday 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Crown Heights, Basingstoke: 5:00 – 7:00pm monday
- Andover wellness Centre: 10:30am – 12:00pm friday
Do you want assist to lower your risk?
If you’d like to discover more regarding help available or further advice, you can easily arrange to see certainly one indian dating of our overall health advertising professionals. Please contact 0300 300 2016 and inquire to talk with the Sexual Health marketing Team or e-mail email@example.com.
Are you currently subjected to HIV?
You might have been exposed to HIV (had unprotected sex with someone whose HIV status you do not know, or know to be positive and not on fully suppressed (undetectable) on treatment, or shared injecting equipment), you may be eligible for Post-exposure Prophylaxis if you are concerned.
Effective HIV treatment (ART) lets people lead healthier active everyday lives and additionally protects their lovers. Whenever viral load is invisible on ART, HIV is not any longer sexually transmitted – with or without condoms. The ev
Post-exposure Prophylaxis ( PEPSE or PEP) is medicine you’ll just take in reducing the possibility of HIV transmission. It really is four weeks long length of medicine that is taken after non-safe sex where there’s been an increased threat of publicity. PEP or PEPSE should be studied right as feasible after sex, and surely within 72 hours. The sooner it really is started the much more likely it really is to operate. You need to have an evaluation by having a physician or nursing assistant just before are recommended this medicine. It is necessary which you finalize the course once you’ve started it.
That you have been exposed to HIV you should attend one of our clinics, or an Accident and Emergency department straight away if you are worried.